IT RISK MANAGEMENT
COMPREHENSIVE THREE-DAY COURSE
Project Managers and Business Professionals who want to learn a proactive approach to threat and opportunity-based on a clear understanding of the powerful nature of both qualitative and quantitative approaches to risk management in an IT environment.
Learn How To:
• Use a practical processes to manage IT project risk
• Practice Identifying threats and weigh their relative value in your project
• Develop practical response strategies for common IT project risks
• Overcome stakeholder and team member roadblocks to risk strategy implementation
• Make risk and opportunity integral components of your next IT project plan
1. The Basic Foundations of Risk Management
• Definition and characteristics of risk
• Elements and factors of risk
o Event (future occurrence)
o Probability (uncertainty)
o Impact (amount at stake)
• Types of risk
• Components of risk management
o Response development
o Response control2. Establishing an IT Project Risk Management Process
• Risk management planning
• Identifying, analyzing, and prioritizing risks
• Planning for risk response
• Executing the risk response plan
• Evaluating risk response
• Documenting risk response results
3. Planning and Identifying Risks
• Risk identification
• Idea generation tools and techniques
• Business versus pure risks
• Financial risks
• Schedule risks
• Technical risks
• Legal risks
4. Performing Risk Assessment
• Determine risk tolerances
• Analyzing Risks
• Establishing and evaluating profitability
• Risk-based financial tools and techniques
• Expected-value analysis
• Decision trees
• Probability analysis
• Risks versus opportunities
• Prioritizing risks
5. Developing Risk Response
• Risk response strategies for opportunities and threats
• Risk acceptance
• Risk avoidance
• Risk mitigation
• Probability minimization
• Impact minimization
• Establishing reserves
6. Implementing Risk Responses
• Communicating risk issues
• Documenting risk management practices
• Reassessing risk
• Decision-making processes
7. Risk Application
• Statistical analyses
• Risk simulations
• Risk tools
Leoncio C. Flores, PMP, MCSD
Leo Flores’ management experience is varied and it spans more than 24 years of IT work experience. It includes 11 years as MIS Manager in Saudi Arabia, with such companies as Deutsch Telecom and Boeing Middle East. Almost six years working in the United States as IT Project Manager, with Visa International, Covansys and Enron. In the Philippines worked as Independent Managing Consultant for eDecapolis consulting and offshore clients, before working as the Director for M3 Applications at Lawson for two years and returned to a new offshore office of eDecapolis Consulting and Associates.
Leo also conducted special Management Consultancy for US and European companies to start-up in the Philippines for their Offshore Development Offices with clients from Fortune 1000 companies in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
Leo has Project Management Institute Certification as PMP – Project Management Professional since 2001. Technical certification includes MCSD – Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (70-175 and 70-176). With Software Process Improvement skills such as CMM and CMMI as added expertise.
With a diversified experience in managing projects, Leo has used the new Agile Methodology among methodologies like Waterfall, RUP and PRINCE 2. In which Leo has been conducting management training seminars for IT Managers and Professionals from various industries in the Philippines and abroad.
Duration: 3 days
Course fee is inclusive of handouts, certificate, snacks and lunch. Please make all checks payable to iMarket Events and Services, Inc.
Please bring your laptop.
Cancellation of registration should be made seven working-days before the training date. Otherwise, 50% of the training fee shall be charged. No show during the training shall be charged 100% of the training fee.
Do you like this website? Tell your friends about it!